Post Assessment
Strengths and Weaknesses of my script 'Special'
Strengths - My plot is interesting and original. I thought it was written easily, for teenagers and adults to understand. The way it was performed was very smoothly. I thought also, there was a bit of humour against the no emotion that Sam (autistic).
Weaknesses - I thought, I could have put a bit more speech for the mum character, because she is very over the top, I don't think I showed it well enough!
Things to develop - When writing and re-writing I changed many things such as the characters interactions and in the end I felt that I was writing in a more realistic natural way instead of a forced way.
Differences between Theatre scripts and Film scripts.
The play-script for a theatrical production includes, a full description of the set/props for each scene, details of the time in which the scene happens and explanations about all the significant actions/movements that have to take place while its characters mouth their dialogues. These are intended to guide the plays director, set designer, lighting specialist, and actors, to properly interpret what the playwright visualised.
A movie-script includes all these, plus 'shot'-breakdowns as well - which indicate how the narration should be composed of a series of artfully mingled and linked long shots, medium shots, close-ups and extreme close-ups, which will subliminally make the viewers feel that they too are part of the screened action!
Oversimplified though this is, it outlines the basic differences between a theatrical and movie script.
The differences fall into two categories - Aesthetic and Stylistic
The aesthetic differences (perhaps more accurately called “cosmetic differences”) describe the look of the script. Both templates have conventions for tab-stops and/or capitalization for dialogue, parentheticals, transitions and scene headers. While screenplays are largely harmonzed, the stageplay format is further differentiated between American and International formats.
The stylistic differences recognize the media being depicted. Stageplays tend to be more dialogue heavy because that’s what the audience in the cheap seats needs to make sense of the scene. The screenplay, however, acknowledges the contribution of both the camera and other members of the cast & crew. As a rule of thumb, a good screenplay only describes what will be seen or heard. A character’s internal motivation has no place in most screenplays nor should the screenwriter tell the actor how to read a line or tell a director where to put the camera.
My Soap - The Townsend
When we watched our soap, I thought it was ok, but very cringey. I thought that the story had a good pace and a good flow.
Strengths - I think I kept my character strong throughout and I think that I improvised well when nessescary.
Weakness - i think i could have gone further with my character maybe I could have looked into more types of children with the type of past Courtney had.
Things that I could have done differently - I think if I had some more time, I could have researched more into children being abused and sexually used! I could have also, thought I could have done a bit more preparation on my lines instead of improvising most of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment